Perkins: According to an article I read, the woolly mammoth‘s
Which of the following, if true, provides the strongest reason for discounting the evidence Perkins cites in arguing against the contention that being hunted by humans contributed to the North American extinction of woolly mammoths?
A. At sites where mammoth bones dating from 12,000 years ago have been unearthed, bones of other mammals
have rarely been found.
B. The stone from which stone spearheads were made is unlikely to have disintegrated over the course of 12,000
C. Conditions in North America 12,000 years ago were such that humans could not have survived there on a diet
that did not include substantial amounts of meat.
D. Cave paintings in North America that date from 12,000 years ago depict woolly mammoths as well as a variety
of other animals, including deer and buffalo.
E. Because of the great effort that would have been required to produce each stone spearhead, hunters would
have been unlikely to leave them behind.
- 【OG18-P680-668题】In a review of 2,000 studies of human behavior that date back to the 1940s, two Swiss psychologists, declaring that since most of the studies had failed to control for such variables as social class and family size, none could be taken seriously.
- Following several years of declining advertising sales, the Greenville Times reorganized its advertising sales force two years ago. Before the reorganization, the sales force was organized geographically, with some sales representatives concentrating on city-center businesses and others concentrating on different outlying regions. The reorganization attempted to increase the sales representatives’ knowledge of clients’ businesses by having each sales representative deal with only one type of industry or of retailing. After the reorganization, advertising sales increased.In assessing whether the improvement in advertising sales can properly be attributed to the reorganization, it would be helpful to find out each of the following EXCEPT:
- The author of the passage would most likely agree with which of the following statements about the link between increased solar activity and certain seasonal weather changes on the Earth?
- The passage provides information to support which of the following statement about La Nina?
- X: In order to reduce the amount of plastic in landfills, legislatures should impose a ban on the use of plastics for packaging goods.Y: Impossible! Plastic packaging is necessary for public safety. Consumers will lose all of the safety features that plastic offers, chiefly tamper-resistant closures and shatterproof bottles.Which of the following best describes the weak point in Y's response to X's proposal?