Reviewer: The book Art's Dedine argues that European painters today
Which of the following points to the most serious logical flaw in the reviewer's argument?
A. The paintings chosen by the book's author for analysis could be those that most support the book's thesis.
B. There could be criteria other than the technical skill of the artist by which to evaluate a painting.
C. The title of the book could cause readers to accept the book's thesis even before they read the analysis of the paintings that supports it.
D. The particular methods currently used by European painters could require less artistic skill than do methods used by painters in other parts of the world.
E. A reader who was not familiar with the language of art criticism might not be convinced by the book's analysis of the 100 paintings.
- 【OG18-P680-668题】In a review of 2,000 studies of human behavior that date back to the 1940s, two Swiss psychologists, declaring that since most of the studies had failed to control for such variables as social class and family size, none could be taken seriously.
- Following several years of declining advertising sales, the Greenville Times reorganized its advertising sales force two years ago. Before the reorganization, the sales force was organized geographically, with some sales representatives concentrating on city-center businesses and others concentrating on different outlying regions. The reorganization attempted to increase the sales representatives’ knowledge of clients’ businesses by having each sales representative deal with only one type of industry or of retailing. After the reorganization, advertising sales increased.In assessing whether the improvement in advertising sales can properly be attributed to the reorganization, it would be helpful to find out each of the following EXCEPT:
- The author of the passage would most likely agree with which of the following statements about the link between increased solar activity and certain seasonal weather changes on the Earth?
- The passage provides information to support which of the following statement about La Nina?
- X: In order to reduce the amount of plastic in landfills, legislatures should impose a ban on the use of plastics for packaging goods.Y: Impossible! Plastic packaging is necessary for public safety. Consumers will lose all of the safety features that plastic offers, chiefly tamper-resistant closures and shatterproof bottles.Which of the following best describes the weak point in Y's response to X's proposal?