Veterinarians generally derive some of their income from selling several manufacturers' lines of pet-care products. Knowing that pet owners rarely throwaway mail from their pets veterinarian unread, one manufacturer of pet-care products offered free promotional materials on its products to veterinarians for mailing to their clients. Very few veterinarians accepted the offer, however, even though the manufacturer's products are of high quality.
Which of the following, if true, most helps to explain the veterinarians' reaction to the manufacturer's promotional scheme?
<p>(A) Most of the veterinarians to whom the free promotional materials were offered were already selling the manufacturer's pet-care products to their clients.</p><p> </p><p>(B) The special promotional materials were intended as a supplement to the manufacturer's usual promotional activities rather than as a replacement for them.</p><p> </p><p>(C) The manufacturer's products, unlike most equally good competing products sold by veterinarians, are also available in pet stores and in supermarkets.</p><p> </p><p>(D) Many pet owners have begun demanding quality in products they buy for their pets that is as high as that in products they buy for themselves,</p><p> </p><p>(E) Veterinarians sometimes recommend that pet owners use products formulated for people when no suitable product specially formulated for animals is available.</p><p><br/></p>
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?