Country X's recent stock-trading scandal should not diminish investors' confidence in the country‘s stock market. For one thing, the discovery of the scandal confirms that Country X has a strong regulatory system, as the following considerations show. In any stock market, some fraudulent activity is inevitable. If a stock market is well regulated, any significant stock-trading fraud in it will very likely be discovered. This deters potential perpetrators and facilitates improvement in regulatory processes.
In the argument, the portion in boldface plays which of the following roles?
<p>(A) It is the argument’s only conclusion.</p><p> </p><p>(B) It is a conclusion for which the argument provides support and which itself is used to support the arguments main conclusion.</p><p> </p><p>(C) It is the arguments main conclusion and is supported by another explicitly stated conclusion for which further support is provided.</p><p> </p><p>(D) It is an assumption for which no explicit support is provided and is used to support the argument's only conclusion.</p><p> </p><p>(E) It is a compound statement containing both the arguments main conclusionand an assumption used to support that conclusion.</p><p><br/></p>
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?