Beginning in 1966 all new cars sold in Morodia were required to have safety belts and power steering. Previously, most cars in Morodia were without these features. Safety belts help to prevent injuries in collisions, and power steering helps to avoid collisions in the first place. But even though in 1966 one-seventh of the cars in Morodia were replaced with new cars, the number of car collisions and collision-related injuries did not decline.
Which of the following, if true about Morodia, most helps to explain why the number of collisions and collisions related injuries in Morodia failed to decline in 1966?
<p>(A) Because of a driver education campaign, most drivers and passengers in cars that did have safety belts used them in 1966.</p><p> </p><p>(B) Most of the new cars bought in 1966 were bought in the months of January and February.</p><p> </p><p>(C) In 1965, substantially more than one-seventh of the cars in Morodia were replaced with new cars.</p><p> </p><p>(D) An excessive reliance on the new safety features led many owners of new cars to drive less cautiously in 1966 than before.</p><p> </p><p>(E) The seat belts and power steering put into new cars sold m 1966 had to undergo strict quality control inspections by manufacturers, whether the cars were manufactured in Morodia or not.</p><p><br/></p>
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?