Which of the following best completes the passage below?
A.the driver may have new personal problems that have nothing to do with his car's performance
B.races tend to emphasize quality of the car over quality of the driver
C.decisions to switch race cars should be based on that particular model's success rate
D.the driver may not necessarily have been able to overcome other obstacles during recent races
E.improved race cars are very expensive and difficult for many teams to afford
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?