Statisticians from the Department of Motor Vehicles have calculated that
(A)one human being should be struck every three minutes by a vehicle
(B)a human being should be struck by a vehicle once in every three minutes
(C)a vehicle will strike one human being once in every three minutes
(D)every three minutes a human being will be struck by a vehicle
(E)every three minutes a human being should be struck by a vehicle
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?