Astronomer: Most stars are born in groups of thousands, each star in a group forming from the same parent cloud of gas. Each cloud has a unique, homogeneous chemical composition. Therefore, whenever two stars have the same chemical composition as each other, they must have originated from the same cloud of gas.
Which of the following, if true, would most strengthen the astronomer’s argument?
<p>(A) In some groups of stars, not every star originated from the same parent cloud of gas.</p><p>(B) Clouds of gas of similar or identical chemical composition may be remote from each other.</p><p>(C) Whenever a star forms, it inherits the chemical composition of its parent cloud of gas.</p><p>(D) Many stars in vastly different parts of the universe are quite similar in their chemical compositions.</p><p>(E) Astronomers can at least sometimes precisely determine whether a star has the same chemical composition as its parent cloud of gas.</p><p><br/></p>
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?