Is it possible to decrease inflation without causing a recession and its concomitant increase line in unemployment? The orthodox answer
Which of the following, if true, would most strengthen The
A.Countries that repeatedly use wage and price controls tend to have lower long-term economic growth rates than do other countries.
B.Countries that have extremely high inflation frequently place very stringent controls on wages and prices in an attempt to decrease the inflation.
C.Some countries have found that the use of wage and price controls succeeds in decreasing inflation but also causes a recession.
D.Policymakers who advocate the use of wage and price controls believe that these controls will deal with the underlying causes of inflation.
E.Policymakers who advocate the use o wage and price controls are usually more concerned about long-term economic goals than about short-term economic goals.
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?