Is it possible to decrease inflation without causing a recession and its concomitant increase line in unemployment? The orthodox answer
The passage suggests that the high inflation in the United
A.It fit the rational expectations theory of inflation but not the inertia theory of inflation.
B.It was possible to control without causing a recession.
C.It was easier to control in those countries by applying tight monetary and fiscal policies than it would have been elsewhere.
D.It was not caused by workers' and employers' expectations.
E.It would not necessarily be considered high elsewhere.
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?