Whereas the honeybee’s stinger is heavily barbed and cannot be
A. because the yellow jacket has a comparatively smooth stinger, it is therefore able to be pulled out and used
B. the comparative smoothness of the yellow jacket’s stinger allows them to pull it out and then can therefore use it
C. the yellow jacket’s stinger is comparatively smooth, and can therefore be pulled out and used
D. in comparison, the yellow jacket’s stinger is smooth, and thus able to be pulled out and used
E. in comparison, the yellow jacket has a smooth stinger, thus allowing it to be pulled out and used
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?