The ancient Anasazi harvested such native desert vegetation as the
A. what they now commonly call
B. a plant that they now commonly call
C. now commonly called
D. and is now commonly called
E. which it is now commonly called
C，正确；“now commonly called”，我理解不是省略了“which is”，而是过去分词表被动，修饰前面紧随的名词“plant”
D，and表示逗号前后是一句话，表并列，那么这个“is now commenly called”就有修饰“The ancient Anasazi”的嫌疑
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?