Two years ago, the government of Runagia increased by 20
Which of the following, if true, most helps to explain why the increase resulted in the unintended state of affairs described?
A. Until the pensions were increased, many Runagians over 65 in rural regions had been receiving support from their children who live in urban areas.
B. The pensions were increased when the number of people below the poverty level in rural areas of Runagia reached an all-time high.
C. City-dwellers in Runagia rarely travel to rural regions of the country.
D. The Runagian postal system is so inefficient that it can take up to three weeks for pension checks to reach recipients in rural areas.
E. On average, the pensions were higher in rural than in urban areas before the increase.
A：很好很直接的回答了为什么乡下养老金的增加导致了城市里面消费增加的原因：住在城里的子女不必再为 住在乡下的老人负担这么多的开销了，自然就会把钱用在城里。这里最关键的是Until这个词，把A 跟E 谁更 好区分开了。
B：讲了半天养老金在Rural Areas 的level 都没有提到结论里的Urban Areas，跟讨论的中心都偏离了
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?