Which of the following most logically completes the passage below?
A. several other name-brand cereal manufacturers are about to reduce the wholesale prices of their cereals
B. the average price per box of name-brand cereals has increased significantly in the last 10 years
C. total annual sales of cereal—including both name-brand and store-brand cereals—have increased over the past 10 years
D. supermarkets make far more profit on sales of store-brand cereals than on sales of name-brand cereals
E. the current prices of the manufacturer's cereals are comparable to the prices of name-brand cereals produced by other cereal manufacturers
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?