定位到倒数第2段，倒数第2段第2，3句La Nina不常见，直到late 1988 no one had seen the combination of La Nina, westerly winds in the upper atmosphere, and high solar activity.
选项A more likely to coincide with the periods of high solar activity rather than low solar activity.与倒数第2段第2，3句不符
选项B more likely to occur when the winds in the upper atmosphere above the equator 文章未提及 风向问题和La Nina的关系 文章没有说
选项C occurs more frequently than do shifts in the winds 风向问题和La Nina的关系 文章没有说
- 【OG18-P680-668题】In a review of 2,000 studies of human behavior that date back to the 1940s, two Swiss psychologists, declaring that since most of the studies had failed to control for such variables as social class and family size, none could be taken seriously.
- 【OG18-P680-671题】Manufacturers rate batteries in watt-hours; if they rate the watt-hour higher, the longer the battery can be expected to last.
- The passage provides information to support which of the following statement about La Nina?
- The author of the passage would most likely agree with which of the following statements about the link between increased solar activity and certain seasonal weather changes on the Earth?
- 【OG20-P569-634题】Snowmaking machines work by spraying a mist that freezes immediately on contact with cold air. Because the sudden freezing kills bacteria, QuickFreeze is planning to market a wastewater purification system that works on the same principle. The process works only when temperatures are cold, however, so municipalities using it will still need to maintain a conventional system. Which of the following, if true, provides the strongest grounds for a prediction that municipalities will buy QuickFreeze's purification system despite the need to maintain a conventional purification system as well?