This passage was excerpted from material published in 1996.
When a large body strikes a planet or moon, material is ejected,
According to the passage, the gravitational compensation referred to in
A.A deficit of mass resulting from the creation of a hole in the lunar surface
B.The presence of material from the impactor in the debris created by its impact
C.The gradual cooling and stiffening of the Moon's outer layer
D.The ejection of massive amounts of debris from the Moon's crust
E.The rapid upwelling of material from the lunar mantle
By caused by
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?