Many economists believe that a high rate of business savings in the United States is a necessary precursor to investment,
The passage is primarily concerned with
A. contrasting trends in two historical periods
B. presenting evidence that calls into question certain beliefs
C. explaining the reasons for a common phenomenon
D. criticizing evidence offered in support of a well-respected belief
E. comparing conflicting interpretations of a theory
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?