In Europe, many large animal species, such as mammoths, became
Which of the following, if true, provides the best evidence that it was human migration and not climatic change that precipitated the extinctions?
A. Many animal species, such as deer and bison, continued to thrive in Europe even after humans migrated there.
B. Several periods of marked climatic warming have occurred in Europe, during which many large animal species that lived there became extinct.
C. Many animal species that became extinct in Europe survived longer in areas that were isolated from human populations but that experienced intense climatic warming.
D. In some areas of Europe, only a few archaeological sites have yielded evidence that shows an overlap between the arrival of humans and the extinction of large animals.
E. Some large animals had become extinct in Europe even before humans migrated there.
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?