Which of the following most logically completes the argument?
A. the layout of Jerrod’s is open enough to accommodate shopping carts comfortably
B. several department stores that compete with Jerrod’s have begun to make shopping carts available to their customers
C. there are some potential customers who would not be enticed to shop at Jerrod’s by the availability of shopping carts
D. stores that make shopping carts available to customers usually have to hire people to retrieve them from parking areas
E. a customer with a shopping cart buys more, on average, than a customer without a cart
C无关选项，讲的是some potential customers不会被吸引，对profit 的影响不明确
D 削弱了，说明有carts还得hire people，成本增加profit 可能降低了
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?