The Earth's rivers constantly carry dissolved salts into its oceans.
Which of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?
A. The quantities of dissolved salts deposited by rivers in the Earth's oceans have not been unusually large during the past hundred years.
B. At any given time, all the Earth's rivers have about the same salt levels.
C. There are salts that leach into the Earth's oceans directly from the ocean floor.
D. There is no method superior to that based on salt levels for estimating the maximum age of the Earth's oceans
E. None of the salts carried into the Earth's oceans by rivers are used up by biological activity in the oceans.
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?