A product that represents a clear technological advance over competing
In the argument above, the two portions in boldface play which of the following roles?
A. The first is the position the argument advocates; the second presents grounds for rejecting an alternative position.
B. The first is the position the argument advocates; the second is an alternative position that the argument rejects.
C. The first presents a strategy for achieving a certain goal; the second presents a drawback to that strategy.
D. The first presents a strategy for achieving a certain goal; the second presents grounds for preferring a different goal.
E. The first presents a strategy that, according to the argument, is ineffective; the second presents a way of improving the effectiveness of that strategy.
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?