Environmental organizations want to preserve the land surrounding the Wilgrinn
In the reasoning above, the two boldface portions play which of the following roles?
A. The first assesses the goal held by certain environmental organizations; the second presents the goal that the reasoning concludes should be adopted instead.
B. The first assesses the goal held by certain environmental organizations; the second presents the strategy that the reasoning concludes has the best chance of reaching that goal.
C. The first is the conclusion reached about one strategy for attaining a certain goal; the second presents the
strategy that the reasoning advocates.
D. The first is the main conclusion toward which the reasoning is directed; the second presents a strategy that is called sensible but for which no support is offered.
E. The first is the main conclusion toward which the reasoning is directed; the second is a consideration raised in order to support that conclusion.
- Many Runagian senior citizens are no better off financially now than they were before the increase.The phrase “better off” is closest in meaning to________?
- The word "accidental" is closest in meaning to___________ ?
- Who can it be? I’ m quite ____ a loss to guess．
- The number of people flying first class on domestic flights rose sharply in 1990, doubling the increase of the previous year.
- The word "conspicuous" is closest in meaning to______ ?